Privacy and Policy
Upaya City Cargo Private Limited ("us", "we", "our", “CityCargo”) operates citycargo.upaya.com.np website, the 'Upaya City Cargo' mobile application, and 'Upaya City Cargo Driver' mobile application (the "Service Platform").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service Platform and the choices you have associated with that data. This specifically applies to:
- Service Seekers: individuals or organizations who request or receive cargo transportation services via Upaya City Cargo App or website.
- Service Providers: individuals who provide cargo transportation services via Upaya City Cargo Driver App
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service Platform to you.
Types of Data Collected
Personal DataWhile using our Service Platform, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Date of Birth
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Work experience
- Family members’ names
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Banking Information
- Government issued documents
Usage DataWe may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service Platform or when you access the Service Platform by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data").
This Usage Data may include information such as:
- Device Data: your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service Platform that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the Service Platform by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Location data (service seekers): collected when the Upaya City Cargo app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen). This data is used to display pricing based on your location.
- Location data (service providers): We collect precise or approximate location data from 'service providers' mobile devices if they enable us to do so. We collect this data from the time the individual enables the 'Online' button in the Upaya City Cargo Driver app. The data will be collected while the app is running in the foreground or background of their mobile devices. We use this data to enhance your use of our apps, allow trip request notification to be sent to you based on your proximity to the pickup location, and allow service seekers to view your location while conducting a trip.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service Platform.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service Platform.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service Platform.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
CityCargo uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service Platform
- To notify you about changes to our Service Platform
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service Platform when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service Platform
- To monitor the usage of the Service Platform
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Nepal and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Nepal and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Legal RequirementsCityCargo may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of CityCargo
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service Platform
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service Platform or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third Party Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service Platform ("Third-Party Service Providers"), to provide the Service Platform on our behalf, to perform Service Platform - related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service Platform is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
In addition to the Third-Party Service Providers for our Service Platform, Third-Party Service Providers who are assisting clients’ work request may also have access to your Personal Data. These Third-Party Service Providers assisting the clients on their work shall also not use any of your Personal Data; however, should there be a break of such policy by client’s Third-Party Service Provider, CityCargo will not be liable.
In addition to CityCargo’s own analytics, we may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service Platform.
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service Platform. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By visiting this page on our website: citycargo.upaya.com.np